Winter is the most dangerous season for driving in western New York. Accidents happen more frequently than usual because of icy roads, snow banks limiting driver’s vision, and because of the tough, cold conditions for your car. Follow these tips to keep safe on the road this winter:
- Keep your gas tank at least half full at all times. That way, if you break down you will have a source of heat. You can run your engine at idle for hours while you wait for service.
- Wear your sunglasses when driving. Yes, we all think of summer when we think of sunglasses, but they are actually very important for driving in the winter because of snow blindness. Snow creates a lot of glare, so sunglasses can help you stay safe on the road.
- Keep your windshield wiper fluid reservoir full.
- Accelerate and decelerate slower than normal. It takes longer to come to a complete stop in icy conditions. Slow down significantly before you take turns. Everything takes longer and is more dangerous in the winter.
- If possible, when approaching stop signs and turns, don’t come to a complete stop . Try to keep your wheels turning when driving in the snow. It takes a lot more to get going in the snow or ice, so if you can keep up your momentum, you will not get stuck or slip out when starting up again.
Contact us online or at (800) 900-1505 to schedule windshield repair or replacement services today.